HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lots of things to share!!!
The Bad Girls December Kit is now revealed!!
Grannie's Attic: so vintage and shabby chic-lots of goodies and amazing papers!
This kit was a challenge for me to create with, I'm not used to using paper lines like this but I have to admit-the challenge was fun and I love the layouts I created! And the add-ons are to die for!!!


The challenge for December was to create a layout about what brings you peace...
I had Jack photograph my hands shaped as a heart and then added all of the things that bring me peace...
These are photos of my Dad as a little guy, wearing a sailor suit my Grandmother loved! He looks so adorable! I loved working with these older vintage photos!!!


Another LO using photos of my Dad--he was sooo cute! Grandma was great about taking lots of photos of him when he was growing up--thanks Grandma!!! I cut out some of the images from the paper, used an old receipt from the kit and love the crepe paper by Jenni Bowlin-she is genius!




This is a photo of my Grandfather-he was always working with his hands. Back then, everyone knew how to make their own repairs, wiring, plumbing, building...amazing times!

This ornament was so easy to create-I love the vintage look of it!! And as it turns out-my Mom snagged it for her own tree! LOL!! All you need to do is accordian fold a 3in x 12 in piece of paper-two of them! Using heavy duty tape to attach and add a circle chipboard piece for the back to make it more sturdy. Use a cupcake paper cup for the center and cut out the little vintage girl for the center. Add glue around the outside and in the creases-then sprinkle with glitter! Add some velvet ribbon to the top to hang it with--you're done!
And as promised-a cute little book to use as a gift this year! I used a Melissa Francis flower mini book for this project! Cover the front with patterned paper and tie some ribbon around it. Then attach a tag with a small saftey pin. Ink the edges too if you like!

Make everyother page a pocket page-take out all of the pages from the book-cut 5 of them about 1/3 off the top. Replace them in the book, everyother page and adhere around just the edges so you have a pocket. Stamp fun swirls or snowflakes onto the pages.


I used my Cricut machine to cut out a bunch of different tags, I stamped on them and embellished with ribbon, brads, etc! Fun to make-the kids can help with this too!
Then give it as a hostess gift of a friend so they can use them as To/From for their gifts. And the book can be used for something else later after the tags are gone!

Thas all for today! I'll be back tomorrow!!!!
xoxo Cari
Image Map

1 comments:

AngiDe said...

Hi, I linked over from This that and then some.... I love your little flower book!!! I am always looking for new ideas for chipboard books! Your so talented! Thanks for letting me stop in!

Angie
"Nana's Box"