HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Is Almost Here!

I can't believe it is only a few days until Christmas! I am just finishing my cards tonight to send out--very bad! But at least I made them this year! I will post a photo of them tomorrow. I scraplifted a Hero Arts card because I am creatively wiped out! Well not really-just too lazy to come up with something on my own-hehe! The Hero Blog has so many amazing ideas and they make me want to buy every single stamp they make. It drives me crazy! I have no room for anything more but I can't resist! Let alone having the time to play with them.

Here are some more last minute ideas for all of you looking for something to create or maybe file away until next year. After Christmas sales are the best time to purchase some plain glass ornaments-they get marked down to almost nothing. I buy a bunch of plain colored large glass ones that come in boxes and stash them away. This project is also a great way to use up extra flowers or embellishments too!
These are some ornaments I adorned with Prima flowers and swirls. These were harder to photograph than I thought-I wanted to get all of the angles so that you can see all of the details.









And here is a cute little gift box I embellished to hold a gift card. It's one of the boxes some of my Prima flowers came in. I love re purposing stuff! This cute little wreath was so easy to make! I bought an inexpensive little berry wreath at JoAnns and I found a cute little wallet sized frame at Target. I put the photo in the frame, wrapped the ribbon around it, replaced the back and tied it to the wreath. Then added a fancy bow at the top with a flower in the center. I gave this to my Mom and she LOVED it! I guess it never gets old when your kids make you homemade gifts for the holidays!


Thats all for now! I will be back tomorrow with an adorable little book I made using Sass-A-Frass Lass Christmas papers and my scraplifted card ;)

xoxo Cari

Image Map

13 comments:

Holly Terra said...

i ordered mine from target and still just mailed them out today. :)

Nina said...

Stunning projects!

domestic goddess said...

loving that bauble!
Have a wonderful Christmas
huge hugs
anna x

Shemaine Smith said...

Gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ornaments! Merry Christmas!

Tracie H said...

Hi Hun.
Just popping by to wish you all a wonderful Christmas - may it be merry and bright.
Love to all.
T.x.x.x.x.x.x

Sri said...

Gorgeous work, Cari! Unlike you, I just buy Xmas cards this year. Hehehe... Too lazy!

Happy HOlidays and Happy New Year!

Stacy Cohen said...

Beautiful projects! You do such wonderful work!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I just love your work. These ornaments are amazing. :) Merry Christmas!

Ania said...

Seriously Cari what you've done with the Prima stuff for Christmas is just s t u n n i n g!!! :D Merry Christmas!!! :)

phamil said...

Wow, Cari, those ornaments are absolutely gorgeous. I love how you mix colors and it always looks so elegant and so "right"!!! LOL! The little gift box is adorable too and the wreath is too cute!!! I love seeing your creations!

Anonymous said...

So much eyecandy!!! LOVE the ornaments! YUM!!!
Happy New Year Cari!
xo

Lulu's Scraps said...

wow!!!

amazing!!