HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Crown...

Hello everyone!
I am off to CHA is less than 24 hours! I catch a flight out tomorrow afternoon to Chicago to meet up with everyone. I have so much to do to get ready and it's already midnight...ugh!
No worries though-I always manage to get everything done before I leave. I also had to get Jack ready to leave for Camp, which meant running around to 10 different places to get what he needed.
I just wanted to share another project with you before I leave. It's another crown for the Prima booth. I swear-these are so much fun to make! And to wear too! I created the base from Prima packaging. I used Glimmer Mist on the background and then dry brushed gold paint over the surface.

I added German glitter glass to some leaves and placed them over some velvet leaves I had in my stash. The temple leaves really pull it together in the front with a gorgeous new bloom from Prima.
I habd painted a bunch of the flowers you see in blue. And then I added some rich color to some neutral flowers that matched.

Anything goes when making one of these. It can be any color combination, all kinds of textures can be added and just when you think you're done-add a little more for flair!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be back after CHA with more projects and stories to share!
xoxo CAri


Image Map

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Cari, this is amazing! I would love to see how you made the base for this crown so I can make one too!

Kristina said...

Cari that is gorgeous! But it's also going to be pretty funny to see someone wearing it! Oh someday I'll get to go to CHA, in the maen time take lots of pics to shre with us OK?
Hugs

Erna said...

I know it i saw it in Dortmund the beautifull Crown wow it realy is a beautifull piece off art you made.

Have a great time at the CHA.

Greetings Erna

Anonymous said...

all i can say is wow wow wowo! Cari, it's beautiful, i want to wear it! hugs wanna be queen kathy g.

Jeni Boisvert said...

Breathtaking Cari!!! You work makes my heart skip a beat girl. ♥

Anonymous said...

love this.
I love all of your crowns..
Mostly on my head ;)

xoxox
Holly

phamil said...

WOW, Cari, that crown is gorgeous!!! It was GREAT to see you again at CHA! I always love seeing all the Prima stuff in person, it's too pretty to imagine!!! Can't wait for some of the new stuff to get here!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I wanted to invite you to my board to talk shop.We have a paper crafting dection there. I am a CNY mom and would love more CHY peeps on my site;)
http://www.chatterscene.com
and please feel free to check out my giveaway on my blog:)

Anonymous said...

cool crown, really pretty... maybe for the autumn queen!
bonziangie

bluucaca said...

Cari this crown is very pretty great job on it love it