HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Layouts and a puppy...

Hi Friends!
I am trying my hardest to keep up this blog of mine...as you know, I am not the best at keeping it updated but I am going to make an effort to to post as often as possible. Please hold me to it!

These past few weeks have been crazy with work, the kids home for summer, and in case you didn't know-we have a new puppy! EEk!



Her name is Samantha (we call her Sam, Sammers or Puppy Head). She is a chewer, a nipper, shoe eater, ball chaser, and lover of all other dogs. Definitely confused about where she needs to go potty (sigh) and above all-the sweetest thing ever! It is very hard to take her picture because she never stops moving--ever. We have fallen in love and we are constantly celebrating all of her little milestones as she grows...

.......................................................................................................................................................

Moving on to a couple of layouts I wanted to share too:

A couple of months ago, I taught at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking and Beading in Cornwall Ontario. Emma has a wonderful store filled with all kinds of treasures and that includes the amazing customers she has. Actually-they are more like friends than customers really. She is blessed with an amazing community of women that frequent her store, like it's their second home....how awesome!

And if you have ever taken a class with me-then you know that my class kits are filled to the brim with Prima! It was definitely a weekend of Prima heaven for the girls...

 I created a couple of layouts for one of the classes and they are two of my favorites to date! So I decided it was time to share them here....

This layout is called: Beauty
I know it seems like I have used this group of photos a lot on my past layouts, but I have a whole series of these photos that I am using for both boys to create special albums. My dear friend, Suzzane Dunn at Regal Street Studios took these photos for me. She is extremely talented and I am so grateful for her talent!

For this class-we actually set up a series of sewing machines for everyone to sew on their layouts. Some had done this before and many had not. So it was a fun experience for them...




I love adding so many little details to my background and in my clusters. On this layout-we have wood, metal, paper and of course Prima flowers.



Layering is key to create interest and of course-dimension. Mixing different elements is not only fun, but also great for complimenting your photos too. 

..............................................................................

This layout is called : Timeless


Here is the sister page: again texture and sewing on the background with fun unexpected elements tucked in among the flowers. I just love how the black elements anchor the layout and compliment the photo perfectly.



It's amazing how little splatters of black gesso really tie in the overall look. Messy yet elegant.

..........................................................................................................

Sorry I babbled on in this post, but I have had a lot of coffee and so much to share! If you are interested in having me teach at your local store-please feel free to email me: cari@primamarketinginc.com
I am booking classes now for fall and next winter....

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo











Image Map

0 comments: