HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Heritage Layout

Hey Friends!
October is here and I have such an incredibly busy month! And I am going to try and keep my blog updated as much as possible. I have so many things I want to create, closets need to be cleaned out, leaves are falling...and I am getting ready for my trip to Australia! I leave on October 26th and I can not wait! I will miss out on Halloween, which I love and I know the boys are bummed about it, so I am going to get the decorations out in full force...Bryan is going to help!

I have this layout to share, using the Printery Collection from Prima. I love the color palette of this line and the designs are beautiful. I added a very specific color scheme to compliment my family photo. There are a lot of little details added throughout the design. This is a family portrait of my husband as a toddler with his Dad, Mom and baby brother...I adore this photo. I have lots of layering going on behind the photo, with vintage book paper and patterned paper with trim. I love the softness that the trim adds around the photo.


The mixture of flowers add a great impact, but without overpowering the colors of the photo and papers. I love to mix different types of flowers to add interest and texture to the design. I used Ceylon (Attic), Avon Roses, Aglow Leaves, Solitare (Pure) and Powder Puffs ( Cassie) flowers. Then a bow made of seam binding was tucked in among the flowers...



I added chipboard accents and tiles tucked in among the flowers. I love the way they add interest and texture within the flower clusters. Then I sprinkled some colored crystals around to draw your eye across the page. And my absolute favorite element that I used are the Antique Mirrors...they make the perfect backdrop for my title..I cant say enough about them-if you get the chance to grab some-do it!


So that's all for today! I will be back with more goodies and ideas that I hope will inspire you to create some fabulous projects of your own!

xoxo Cari




Image Map

3 comments:

bluucaca said...

Very prteyy LO Cari very nice paper and emblishements. So Vintage Thanks for sharing

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Looks like you gonna be VERY busy :) This is a very beautiful layout, Cari!! Lovely colors, absolutely!! Great job great job!! =)

Blossom inch said...

this is so lovely Cari...what a vintage photo and amazingly beautiful page. I love your composition of flowers. I am absolutely blown away.