HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hey friends!
Sorry it's been so long since I have posted. Time seems to slip away this time of year when I am getting ready for CHA. There is always so much to be done before leaving and I am leaving early to boot! There is more work to be done when I arrive in California, so they needed me to go a few days before the show.

So I have been busy, creating and planning, at my scrap table everyday. Live with Prima has also kept me busy, with classes, moderating and scheduling. The classes have been a huge success and we are coming up on our first anniversary in February! Can you believe it's been a year? It flew by and it has grown so much over the past year. And it keeps getting better! I really love my job and I have made so many new friends-it has been a wonderful journey so far. If you haven't had the chance to see what it's all about, then I encourage you to do so. I gurantee you will learn something new in each and every class. Not to mention, the sneak peek show I just aired last week, loaded with so many new goodies that Prima is coming out with. My show ended up being two parts because of a glitch on ustream.

You can see them here-
Part 1: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11963192
Part 2: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11964306

And here are a couple of the layouts that I demonstrated on the show. Sorry if the photos are a little fuzzy-I am still trying to adjust to my new camera. I think I need a better lense for it. These layouts were made using the new Sparkling Spring paper line by Prima. The colors are very soft yet bright and happy. I didn't think I would like it when I first saw it, but now I love it! I had to come up with photos that work with it so I know they've been seen before, but thats OK! I needed extra layouts for Kate's album. :) Mary will love that!

I used new lace/bling borders, flowers and alphabet (love the new font!) mixed in with the papers. I also added rub-ons and chipboard accents too. I love mixing it all together!

And here is a little closeup shot of a flower cluster on the page. I just love the wire and bead work in the flower center!

This is another layout I showcased. You can see how to assemble it on the show. I use lots of pop dots to add dimension to the layout. And I also cut out some paper strips from one of the patterned papers for the scalloped edges. More chipboard
accents and rub ons were added too. And then, finish it off with some bling and a title.


Here is another close up of the new flowers and bling! So fun to mix it all up together...


OK-thats all for now! I hope to be back with more new projects for you soon!
Thanks for stopping by as always! Have a great day!
xoxo Cari


Image Map

7 comments:

Malin said...

I always enjoy seeing your work on the Prima blog Cari!! You have done wonders with the new beeautiful lines from Prima!
Have fun at CHA and give Sharon a big hug from me
Hugs Malin

Kathy said...

Cari, your layouts are so beautiful and inspring!

Blossom inch said...

nice one Cari, love all the flowers...great layout and full with flowers. I just love it!

Cris C said...

So good to see you blogging again Cari. Loved the Ustream vids. I learned so much and hope you do some more! Thanks for inspiring us - Happy New Year!

Floliescrap said...

so beautiful work Cari !!! you are so talented !!

liana suwandi said...

Cari... your projects amazing!!!! I received the flowers with thanks :)

Larissa Heskett said...

So cute!! Hey i posted a pic on the prima facebook page of a canvas mini album I made!! Love your work and the live with Prima webshow! Have a FABULOUS DAY!!
countryfun =)