HOME HOME ABOUT CONNECT CONTACT Image Map

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Prima Mini Album

Hey friends!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Did you shop on Black Friday? I did not, but I did end up at the mall yesterday to take Bryan to the skate park. Matt is in town from NYC and we took him over there to see Bry skate. I had Matt bring his camera home so we could take some photos and maybe make a couple videos! He has a Canon 7D-it's amazing and I am totally jealous! We took a couple pics of Bry skating and some video too. I also took some pics of a couple projects and i plan to make a scrap video or two.

Here is a mini album I have been reunited with! I made this for CHA Winter 2010 for the release of our Canvas Build A Books. They kept it for some shows to display. I made it literally right before I went to the show so I never took any pics of it. Now that it's home, I photographed it so I could share it here. And I used Matt's camera-they came out pretty good.

I mixed some old book paper with Prima's Shabby Chic and Raspberry Tea collections. I cut out some images-the birds and roses, then mixed them in with flowers, velvet leaves and pearl swirls. The chip letters were Glimmer Misted with Walnut Gold and placed in the flower center. I added an unusual color combo of ribbons to the book rings-but they work with my color scheme. Burnt orange and light pink.

The first two pages inside: I layered some patterned papers with more book paper. I stamped the frame and and label on patterned papers then cut them out to use as a page accents. I added a mix of flowers that match the soft color scheme. I think it adds more interest when you add bolder colors to the mix as long as they don't overpower the pages.

Here I added more bold flowers with lots of paper layering. I cut out some of the images from the patterned paper, added chipboard elements with cream lace and more gold crystal swirls. I aslo stamped the bird on the left page, bottom right corner and some butterflies above the flower cluster on the right.


Here are the last two pages with more stamped labels, paper layering and flower clusters. A little bit of bold color tucked in there with velvet leaves and bling. All of the paper edges throughout the album are distressed and I sprayed Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist very lightly over all of the pages for a subtle aged look.

I am so happy to finally share this mini with everyone-I hope it inspires you to create one of your own! I have another I have been reunited with, so I plan to share that one soon!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I hope it's a creative one!
xoxo Cari



Image Map

8 comments:

Dawn said...

This mini book is gorgeous!! I can't wait for your new videos :)

Jen said...

Awesome mini album, you always do a wonderful job.

Kathy said...

Your mini album is absolutely beautiful! You *always* inspire me, Cari!

Blossom inch said...

Hello Cari!

Love your mini album and look at those flowers, so nicely put and embellished. Visit my blog whenever you free. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Yuzz

Malin said...

You are the queen of mini albums Cari!!!
And i loved your wreth on the Prima blog the other day just gorgeous!

Ania said...

Simply gorgeous!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thought I would comment and say neat theme, did you make it for yourself? It’s really awesome!.

NYtina112 said...

Love this. It reminds of a class you taught at the Paper Garden!