I have a new album to share and I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. It started good, then went horribly wrong and I had to bring it back around again.
Sometimes this happens when a look you are going for, doesn't quite turn out like you thought it would in your head. Actually, that happens more often than not and I am OK with that. It's part of the process-right? I just need to remind myself of that when I create...or else it will suck the fun out of anything you do.
So here it is. I have looked at this album time and time again, loving it but not sure what to do with it or how to make it shine like it deserves. This album has gorgeous art work on the cover already. This is a canvas album designed by Donna Downey for Prima. It is made of canvas and holds 5 canvas pages and 5 clear pocket pages inside.
Next-I colored the canvas vines with Apple GM, gessoed the manila tag and used the iron on sentiment over a canvas ATC (also from Donna's Prima collection). I layered book paper, the tag and the ATC. Then pieces of washi tape around the layers (Engraver washi and some pretty teal tape from my stash). The oversized Pom Pom trim was also added during the layering process and one the right side of the album cover too.
The flowers are Prima's Au Naturale collection, Poppy's and Peonies Donna Downey collection and Powder Puffs with Grove Vines. Then I sprinkled some Sculpture flowers (Donna Downey) around my clusters for more color. The inside of the album is white, so I added gesso, then molding paste and finished it with Broken China Distress Stain, to give it the same look as the outside cover.
Then I went to town layering more book paper, stenciling, painting and layering on each page. I also stamped little random background images onto my layers and decorated as I went along....
Here is another page, with a stenciled background. I used the 6x6 Hexagon Grunge mask by Donna, with molding paste and colored over it with Apple GM. The color just pops on this page!! Plus I used the Typo Bulbs from the Junkyard Findings collection by Ingvild Bolme for Prima. They are wonderful embellishments to add to your projects....
- 921989-Donna Downey Poppy Album
- 922429-Donna Downey 6x6 Art Stencil-Hexigon Grunge
- 920791-Donna Downey Pom-Pom Trim
- 921224-Donna Downey Iron-On
- 921736-Donna Downey Sculpture Flowers
- 922030-Donna Downey Canvas ATC’s
- 922009-Donna Downey Fabric Poppy Flowers
- 921910-Canvas Banner
- 563851-Wood Clips-Sunrise Sunset
- 564957-Wood Buttons-Sunrise Sunset
- 891527-Junkyard Findings-Typo Bulbs
- 562731-Au Naturale Flowers
- 562670-Au Naturale Flowers
- 562724-Au Naturale Flowers
- 552251-Powder Puffs Flwoers-Cassie
- 553708-Grove Flowers-Grey
- 564933-Washi and Fabric Tape-Engraver
- 950439-Divine Paper-En L Air
- Studio Gesso by Ranger
- Broken China Distress Stain by Ranger
- Light Molding Paste by Golden
- Tan Paint Studio by Ranger
- Apple and Black Magic Glimmer Mist
- Ribbons by May Arts
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!